Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Virginia meeting Virginia (her namesake)

Anna, Virginia and I went and visited with Rex and Virginia on Wednesday, it was so wonderful to see them. Well, I can't say enough good things about these two people! How could I not name her Virginia.
Rex and Virginia were my next door neighbors from the age of 5 until I married Carl at 19. There was always good advice that could be had, and good examples when I would walk across the street. When I was not quite 10 or so, Rex even took me (just me! So fun) on a fishing trip up to Pineview reservoir. It was so fun, and a memory that I cherish. We used to also go up every year to Strawberry reservoir near Park City to go fishing on opening day (we would even throw in some corn the night before...shhh), that was a trip for our whole family and a lot of Rex and Virginia's would join in on. In addition to many things I learned, one of them was the love of a big garden, it was amazing to watch them every year take care of 1/4 acre of land planted with all sorts of vegetables, berries, and grapes.


No comments:

Post a Comment