Friday, October 30, 2009

Fall Portraits


The kids this week brought home their school picture order forms. It is unbelievable how expensive the packages are, you can't simply buy a 8x10...oh no, the cheapest package with an 8x10 is $28 per child. Plus there are some other sizes in the package that you won't do anything with. So, in an effort to be frugal...Carl took a 12% pay cut the day we decided all was well with Virginia's adoption and chose to move forward...Carl just asked me why don't I just take some pictures myself of the kids. So, that is just what I did. The yard right now is stunning, partly because we have not chosen to rake all of the golden leaves that carpet the ground. So, with some prodding and combing, curling, etc I got the kids ready yesterday afternoon. I realized too that I don't have a single picture of all four kids together. So, here they are, and I think they turned out pretty cute. I might subject them to more pictures this afternoon in an effort to get the "perfect" picture of all 4 of them. That might be too lofty of a goal with a newborn and a 3 year old though....Anna, said, "Dont tell me what to do James!".

Handsome boy, James Bond had nothing on you my son.









Well, at least Virginia was awake, even if she was nearly cross eyed and worried looking in most of the 237 photos taken yesterday.







3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Not sure if you could get better pictures if you paid $150 for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did better than I did a few weeks ago. I had great light, a great setting, but not so great kids. They were all cranky and not photogenic.

    Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! I do like how they turned out. No more school pictures for me.

    ReplyDelete