Thursday, October 1, 2009

Our first day together

Well, Friday night was our first night together, and Virginia did great. I snuggled her up to me close all night, partly because I wouldn't let her go and partly we were sleeping on a twin bed. She only got up 2 times that night, I was expecting to be up much more. The next day, I wanted to just stare at her and snuggle all day, and that is pretty much what we did until about 5pm when I drove down to aunt Molly's for the Westergard family party that night. There was a great surprise waiting for me at Molly's...you will never guess

A CAKE WITH BOOBS!


Carl went to high school with a girl that is a cake artist and makes all sorts of amazing things. So he special ordered this one and had it ready for the family party.


A lot of family showed up, which was wonderful! Some that I have not seen for years. I took pictures of everyone holding her. Sorry, I can't possibly post all of the pictures taken....


Great Grandma Marian (Jackie's Mom)



The Poppa (Carl's dad)


Meme (Jackie-Carl's mom)

It was really funny, Carl's cousin, Stephanie is pregnant with her 3rd boy after having twins and she said when she held Virginia, "You know I was okay with having another boy until right now." Stephanie's boys asked her after they left, will our baby come with a wrapper too? and Stephanie had to explain it wasn't a wrapper, it was a bow and they have a baby brother coming not a baby sister.

1 comment:

  1. oh missy i'm so happy for you guys! what a beautiful little girl you have added to your already beautiful family. loves to you all! (and i love the booby cake!)

    ReplyDelete