Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Gingerbread

Making gingerbread houses is a long standing tradition in our home, I started when James was a baby, and every year we have done them. A few years ago, my friend Becca introduced me to using smaller stencils and fitting 2 houses on 1 cookie sheet. So, I now we make one for each child to decorate themselves. In addition to making the houses this year, I made gingerbread cookies from a receipe on the Grandmother's Molassas jar. The dough was really sticky, but made the best, chewiest cookies. They didn't last long in our home. We haven't decorated or constructed the houses yet, but that is coming soon.




1 comment:

  1. What a lovely family! I just wanted to drop you a line here, because I couldn't find an email address, but I replied to your comment about my Oatmeal Wheat Bread. Thanks for trying it! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete