Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Smiling Sisters and Signing

Well, the next few days were filled with a lot of shopping because I had to wait. The birthmom wanted to spend a lot of time with Virginia, and so I respected that wish. She signed the relinquishment papers right at 24 hours, which is the allowed time according to Utah state law. That was an enormous relief, after having the adoption fall through for Audrey (June 6, 2006) we knew that having the papers actually signed was a major step. The birthmom always said she would sign and she did follow through. Afterwards, Carl and I felt a major weight lifted off.

Earlier that afternoon, I was able to bring Anna to the hospital so she could meet her "baby sister, Ginia" as she calls her. This was a moment of pure joy for Anna and for me in seeing her delight in her new baby sister.
They both smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment